We are seeking a Digital Content Specialist to plan and execute internal digital marketing assets in service of our digital transformation. This candidate should have a strong knowledge in digital marketing that includes an ability to create and distribute content through all of our digital channels.
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 months contract (potential extension and Contract to Hire)
· Curiosity and ability to learn and ask great questions. Become an expert on our purpose, approach, and audiences to help spread the mission of digital fluency in a compelling way to key target groups. Once you understand the transformation we’re bringing to our internal audiences, you’ll be able to write effectively for those groups, with a goal of increasing their engagement in the content you deliver.
· Superior business writing and creative writing skills. Develop concise, creative, compelling and sticky content for our digital platforms and campaigns. You will be writing for many formats: email (short, sweet, punchy), video (engaging scripts, easy for others to speak), Yammer/social media (short, relevant, grabby), website, Q&A docs, Powerpoint slide packs, etc.
· Marketing skill. Take a marketing asset from concept through completion, planning its lifecycle and engagement targets, then distributing on all relevant company platforms including social networks, web pages, video channels, email campaigns, etc.
· New digitally fluent ideas. Bring us ideas for better ways to connect digitally with our audiences, drawing from your experience and savvy with digital marketing and content tools.
· Skill in compiling and analyzing engagement data and creating a dashboard of insights. Create an analytics dashboard of our digital marketing penetration and engagement across key audiences. Regularly share that dashboard/data with the team and adjust the digital marketing plan based on ground actuals.
· Team-based collaborative approach. You will need to rely on business experts to guide your writing topics and content development, and to review and edit this content on a regular basis. You will need to accept adds/edits/builds graciously and work as a team to produce the right assets. Our teams-based approach means we only succeed when we all succeed!
• Update digital content regularly and interact with users of the various digital content platforms (responding to comments, answering questions, etc.)
• Attend meetings for identifying key messages, developing content-focused assets, and distributing assets through digital channels
• Provide analytics and a complete understanding of the effectiveness of digital campaigns
• Administer digital marketing tools, building emails, creating email marketing content, generating templates/layouts and promotions
• Develop email/other marketing strategies with the goal of increasing engagement and open rates
• Hands-on experience with online marketing tools and practices
• Stay up-to-date with our audience’s preferences and proactively suggest new ideas and
• Create problem-solving digital ad campaigns month over month
• Deliver regular reports that analyze performance across digital channels
• Work with content producers and graphic designers to create memorable assets
• Drive engagement on social media platforms
• Maintain a working knowledge of Social Media trends, applications and best practices.
• Other evolving duties as the role blossoms
• Superior writing and grammar skills (we need examples)
• 3-4 years’ experience in Digital Marketing, across a host of platforms
• Proven work experience planning and executing a digital marketing campaign
(we need to see portfolio of examples)
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Journalism, Content production, or the like.
• Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, or YouTube Analytics. We have our internal versions of these platforms and will need you to analyze and create a dashboard visualizing the engagement status and effectiveness data across our target audiences.
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and general email deign
• Sound emotional intelligence to help thrive in a diverse workplace Are you….
• Digitally fluent
• Motivated as a self-starter that’s deadline driven and task-oriented
• Energetic, proactive, positive, flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, and ever-evolving environment
• A team player who can take differing viewpoints into consideration and maintain grounded when decisions are in conflict with your perspective
• A continuous learner who is eager to take on new challenges
• Willing to wear multiple hats in support of teammates and joint objectives
• Transparent and open, offering ideas and constructive feedback
If all this describes you…
• Bring your portfolio of work and walk us through the stories!